This glossary provides the NRCS soil survey program, soil scientists, and natural resource specialists with landform, geologic, and related terms and their definitions to:
- Improve soil landscape description with a standard, single source landform and geologic glossary;
- Enhance geomorphic content and clarity of soil map unit descriptions by use of accurate, defined terms;
- Establish consistent geomorphic term usage in soil science and the National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS);
- Provide standard geomorphic definitions for databases and soil survey technical publications; and
- Train soil scientists and related professionals in soils as landscape and geomorphic entities.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: www.mediafire.com
DOC file, 118 pages